Overambition Leads To?


The confined death bed played the reel of my life. Alas! the whole picture seems like a never-ending marathon chasing my ambitions and garnering my reputation. The memories give a pang of bitterness to my weakening heart and here I am left to ponder and debate on the path I trod. 


They said to earn degrees, purchase villas, and ride on nothing less than a Lamborgini. I designed my plans listening to their advice but turned a deaf ear to my soul. I played the role of Icarus leaping at the Sun but the waxwings of avarice melted and I fell on the grave of my dreams. They doted me, attracted by the essence of my wealth, sucked all my resources, and buzzed all sugar-coated words. Who were they? A mere trifle group of humans who never cared for me! But now I feel like a dead bird slowly being eaten up by his boorishness in believing those who never show up their head in his sufferings.


The mansion might be a materialistic bliss, but what use of such grandiose flats when I don't have anyone to give me a light kiss. I am waiting like a brown autumn leaf to be buried in the soil that gave me being.


The demons come and ask, "What is the use of such money if you can't fulfill your childhood dreams?"

I sigh and wish that I could go to my younger version, full of energy and enthusiasm, and advice him to devote some time to his/her dreams. My dreams are latent just like unused packets of expired goods that might be thrown away, wasted and will remain inside a decayed body.


Although my body is motionless and white, my soul is red with anger and grey with disappointment. The only thing I can do is regret and wait for my impending death!


(Valuable readers, I wrote this imaging the death of an overambitious man. I tried my hands on a small biography sort of thing in the first person for more emphasis. This is also an eye-opener for all commoners. Hope you enjoyed this!)


(P.S. Friends, please show your support and follow me by clicking on the follow button in the sidebar of the main blog window (Main window of My Musings.)You might subscribe as well if you don't want to miss out on the latest updates of my blogs!)


~Happy reading!!!

Comments

  1. Wonderful ����True devotion and humility is when you carelessly allow yourself to fall in love with things you consider will make you look inferior, which in essence, makes you superior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a lovely compliment. I am overwhelmed with joy and ecstasy. These lines will surely motivate me to follow my dreams and passions. Thank you....

      Delete
  2. This is awesome ....never ever imagined life to be such...Keep writing and inspiring life as an existence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads of thanks for reading this.Your comment made my day!

      Delete
  3. Excellent job dear Diksha. Keep it up 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I can is a big Thanks! Accept my gratitude!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!
    One can only hope that while waiting for our impending death,we will find peace in this beautifully destructive world.
    Some day our reality might be better than the dreams we sought to fulfill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts echo with your sentiments! Thanks for reading and the last line you have mentioned,"Some day our reality might be better than the dreams we sought to fulfill" is really wonderful and makes me think for a while. I really repect and value your opinon.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Menstruation: Breaking the Silence

Hopelessness?

This is college life, isn't it?