Reservations: Spilling my Heart Out!

When you are lukewarm about an entrance exam and a notification pops up showing that the already skyrocketing reservations has flown more higher, how do you feel? Devastated and frustrated, right! Now the "unreserved seats" seem a quota to me. 

We all know what reservations have done to the talents of our country. The negative impact of the infamous reason for brain drain is never discussed in India in live debates. Why? Because it is like kicking the trusted vote banks of one's party in cost of the future of our country. 

Imagine a person going to the same school with you from the kindergarten. You have same books, teachers, tuitions, clothes and resources. Your parents have the same bucks, they both pay tax to the government but when you both are applying for a same seat in a same college, he/she needs less marks to qualify due to being born in a different caste. Isn't it utterly ridiculous? The death of both hard work and talent, I say!

The Constitution emphasizes on equality but reservation based on caste to the privileged ones is an absolute departure from the same. I am not against reservation provided to the poor and differently abled ones. It will definitely help them to get empowered. But isn't defining the 45% population of a country as OBC vague and absurd? Do they still need a minority status in a country where they constitute half of the population? 

Right should be reserved. But reservation based on caste is getting manipulated. Some wicked and greedy men are stealing away the resources which never reaches the person who really needs it.  It needs to get stopped and reservation should be provided to the right sections of the society who have its acute necessity. India is no more a hinterland where all people of a caste are looked down upon due to their creed. Inequality barely exists in a few pockets of our country today.  Caste based reservation is a crutch that will further handicap the talented minds of the country.

The politicians use this clause injudiciously to gain  favors of their vote banks. They are diving people. United we stand, divided we fall. I hope my words will create an impact on you. This matter needs to get discussed and addressed in the public. We need to question our politicians. 

Thank you for your valuable time,

Best wishes,

Diksha. 

(P.S. I am happy to say that this blog is now one year old. Cheers to all your comments and well wishes. Your comments make my day and I feel blessed reading them. They motivate me further to pen down my deepest of emotions. I have been very irregular lately due to academic commitments but that doesn't mean that I have forgotten this part of my life. It is one of the fewest things that brings pure joy to my soul. I am counting on your patronage!)

(P.S. Friends, please show your support and follow me by clicking on the follow button in the sidebar of the main blog window (Main window of My Musings.)You might subscribe as well if you don't want to miss out on the latest updates of my blogs!) 














Comments

  1. Continue with the good work dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sure! Your comments mean the world to me! A motivator definitely!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Menstruation: Breaking the Silence

Hopelessness?

This is college life, isn't it?