Need to Combat The Disaster that The Future Generation Faces At The Present Time

Dear readers, 

I hope you are doing good and are perfectly hale and hearty. 

The recent newspaper headlines had a deep impact on me. It kept me thinking.  The indefinite closure of schools has washed away the smiles of so many children. It has eroded their dreams of a good life.Many unknown faces flashed before my eyes and I could feel their tinge of sadness. The number of predicted drop-outs is mind-blogging. This prediction is something that I saw before my own eyes in reality when I visited the market. The number of children hawking and acting as vendors numbed me to the core. 





Whom will we blame? We can't blame the parents who sent their kids to schools for mid-day meals so that at least their children get a square meal in a day. Their own meager income is shrinking due to the pandemic. New advents of technology that is being used in education is a costly affair. It not only involves the one-time cost of a device but also the monthly charges of mobile data etc. If one would have been in their shoes, one would have been compelled to treat their children as helping hands because one cannot dream of education on an empty stomach, can one? I have seen the kids of my own domestic help  getting engaged into work during this pandemic at such a tender age because "AN EMPTY MIND IS A DEVIL'S WORKSHOP." The closure of schools had exposed their kids to many negative ailments of the present world and their parents needed to find some way to keep them engaged.

The pandemic has really crushed the dreams of such children. It will create an irreplaceable dearth in their life. Even children from affluent classes are not immune to this havoc. A recent study shows that the disruption in education for a few months continues to impact the life of old people even after forty years of the second world war. Can you imagine the storm that is knocking at the door?

Kids are entrapped in an air of depression and desolation. Online teaching lacks the real feel of education as lab-based activities are not involved. Can a MBBS pursuing student treat his patients in future by the help of slides? Can engineers design new machines by mugging up the formulas of oscillations without seeing how a pendulum actually works? This ongoing system of education will create an army of soldiers who don't know how to fight a battle.

I urge the government to open schools at the earliest. Western countries where most of the schools are open bear the testimony that re-opening of educational facilities has a very little impact on the spread of corona virus. I am adding some links of  few studies in the footnotes for your ready reference. Your support is also needed. You need to throw away all your anxieties and stereotypes and send your ward back to school. You also matter in this movement.

Everything has been entangled due to the eternal(it seems to be so) pandemic. But it is the need of the hour to get up, break the webs and start flying like a bird again.

Yours own, 
Diksha 

(P.S. : I regret for not writing the second article in the month of June as I was really caught up with tons of assignments and competitions. I will like to thank some of my friends from Quora who requested me to pen down something which motivated me to write this blog today.I am indebted to  all my precious readers for their support and splendid comments. Please show your support and follow me by clicking on the follow button in the sidebar of the main blog window (Main window of My Musings.)You might subscribe as well if you don't want to miss out on the latest updates of my blogs!) 

Footnotes: 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Menstruation: Breaking the Silence

Hopelessness?

This is college life, isn't it?