What's on my Travel Bucket List!

 Background: Someone asked me, "What will be your priority list of countries for one year if you are allowed to live in a country for a month only ?" This looked intriguing and I wrote whatever was on my mind. It's bit frolic from all the seriousness you find in my writing, reader, but I hope you enjoy it! So I would like to visit these places based on the season, tourist peak and carnivals that I wish to attend:


                      #10 years future me exploring the amazing places of the world:. 

                         This photo looked so inspiring, couldn't resist sharing it!

  1. January: Why not start the long journey by basking in the Sun in the lap of nature! So applying my rudimentary knowledge of Geography, I would visit New Zealand. It is really an amazing place where you might be alone in a radius of 1km^2 (my parents tell me this whenever they describe their fun-filled trip to New-Zealand!) I am really passionate to visit the Milford Sound and Mitre Peaks. They are ravishing. I would like to cuddle with the small penguins and attend the star gazing show in Lake Tekapo.
  2. February: Although I can’t visit this place in my lifetime because of being a Hindu Indian, I am still hopeful that I might get a chance to explore the Indus Valley civilization. Well, everyone would have ventured out a guess. Yeah it is Pakistan. Mohenjodaro-the name itself is a magnet for me. I envision such a trip from the time I read the Indus Valley chapter in class 7 in my history tome. Although I have no connection with history since two years, still I wish to visit this fascinating place. I don’t know why but this place allures me very much. I have also met a few Pakistanis in foreign nations and they are not hostile. They are caring, lovely and friendly people. I don’t think that a Pakistani would ever mind much if they need to bear with Indian company!
  3. March: I will visit Greece a second time. It is one of the most sweet places to be in. Be it walking towards the hills to gaze at the scenic city of Athens from Acropolis or eating my favorite Mediterranean cuisine in the streets of Plaka or enjoying the beaches of Santorini, Greece has always been one of my favorite places. I am a historic geek and every inch of Greece is authentically historic.
  4. April: April brings a picture of spring to my mind, spring makes me think of cherry blossoms and cherry blossoms make me crave for a trip to Japan. This country has been in my hit-list from the day my parents made me listen of their sojourn to Japan. I would like to immerse myself in the cherry blossom season as well as gaze at Mt. Fuji and would even like to attend the famous tea parties wearing the kimono.
  5. May:I think of May and my mind cries out to attend one of the summer colleges in the USA. So yeah I will try my luck to get into an IVY College for a summer research program in international affairs. I would even like to pursue a course in creative writing alongside. Afterall, all fun and no work, makes Diksha a dull girl, which is outrageously horrid, xD!
  6. June: Why not bask in the Galapagos sun with lots of tortoise and wild flowers. Yeah, I want to visit Ecuador especially the coveted Galapagos islands for its tranquil environment and peaceful verdant atmosphere!
  7. July: Netherlands is on my mind. I want to visit this place with my future boyfriend as this place has some romantic vibe associated with it at least for me and I will blame Fault in Our Stars for this! I wanna go to the Tulip gardens, pay homage to Anne Frank and party in the cycle capital of the world.
  8. August: I would like to take a break and go for a solo trip to Iceland as the subsequent months is meant for all frivolous and giddy activities. I have a great interest to visit this amazing country as I would have visited it if the minuscule beast called CORONA VIRUS would haven’t emerged. I have a rough itinerary planned also. I wouldn’t mind a bit of company who is silent and not at all fussy (either my parents or the boy I dream of )in the second leg of the trip as I will be trying to get a glimpse of Northern lights.
  9. September: Okay, so being a true Austenian, I am gonna spend my Septembers in England. I will drop in my uncle’s house in London for the first week and for the second week I will pack my luggage to head towards Bath to enjoy the festival celebrating my favorite author. I will undertake the Austenian pilgrimage which I had once read about in a random post of JAFC. I would visit Scotland and its magical palaces in the last two weeks.
  10. October: Octobers will find me in India where I would like to spend my time in my cozy hometown with my parents and enjoying the Diwali festive season. I won’t mind putting on some extra weight by devouring on the delicacies and sweets people exchange with each other. This season is the only time of the year I make efforts to look desi and gorgeous. People usually flock to their homes around Diwali so I would have a good time with my old pals.
  11. November: Austria is my choice for November as I would love to attend the official balls and mesmerize myself by dreaming of a Regency Era life. You would find me playful, humorous in this part of the year as I would like to follow my dear Lizzy ( Elizabeth Benet from Pride and Prejudice) with all my heart. I will explore tons of museums and palaces parading like a queen and living in wild fantasies with my beau, whom I am yet to meet.
  12. December: After so much fun, I would head to explore a historical place which is serene and placid. Many places are coming to my mind but I think I will stick to Cambodia. I plan to visit the oldest of the temples and all the beautiful beaches of that country which are largely unexplored. I imagine making new friends in such trips. I might even end up planning a barbecue party with my new comrades, who knows! As they all is well that ends well :)

I know that such a life is quite impossible but does it cost to dream your wildest fantasies!

Let me know what is your favorite pick and where would you like to accompany me in the comments below?

~Hakuna Matata


(P.S. Friends, please show your support and follow me by clicking on the follow button in the sidebar of the main blog window (Main window of My Musings.)You might subscribe as well if you don't want to miss out on the latest updates of my blogs!) 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Menstruation: Breaking the Silence

Hopelessness?

This is college life, isn't it?