Essays Part-1!

Dear readers,

I am so busy now a days due to my upcoming board exams that I really don't get much time to update here. I beg your pardon for that. But I am happy to share a piece of information with all of you. I take part in tons of essay competitions and recently results of Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition were announced. I got a silver award for my entry which is not something very big but it still gives me satisfaction and joy. My topic was Keeping Connected Through COVID 19. I would like all of you to read that piece. Your suggestions and criticisms are always welcomed! 

So, finally:

Dear friend,


Sitting in a dimly lit room and penning down my thoughts in silence, my emotions are like a string undergoing a harmonic motion. I feel that my words are being addressed to the void- silence which connects all of us spiritually to the cosmos. It is quite ecstatic to connect with you through this letter.

Neither do you know my roots nor do I know the corner of the world that you belong to. We may be two altogether different people with varied perception, niche, ideas and dreams, yet I strongly believe that we are the same. The same crescent moon shines upon you, the same wind fans both of us and the same rays of the Sun illuminate the same sky.

You may be white or brownish, or you may possess straight hair or curly blonde. It doesn't matter much, does it? Both of us are masters of two legs to walk on this precious Earth, two hands to work, one face to bestow a smile upon and so on. Sadly, I may never meet you in person or even if I meet, we won't be able to recognize each other in the sea of people where everyone is born unique yet the same. After all, we are the children of the same mother Earth.

We may never bother each other’s existence, but we cross our paths daily. We are on the same road where human civilization is leading towards its doomsday. The futile years of betraying each other for dominance and power has carved a perilous hole. We live behind closed windows, where we think only about the short-term well-being of ourselves. The rat race has unfortunately numbed our mind, and we don’t see the reality. Destruction of biodiversity, exponential rise in mercury, killing of innocent people and the surge in terrorism is affecting you as well as me. 

The recent pandemic has shown us that no one, neither  rich nor poor can protect itself from the wrath of nature. The drastic decrease in moral values has not only impacted you in a negative light. I am also a part of it. I am a part of you. 

We share the same worries, fears and despondency. Seeing the loss of so many dear ones has bruised our soul. The loss in the economy is dramatically changing our comfortable lives. Gloom and dreariness fills the chamber with our heart. We are the flowers of the same band of hope that seems to be breaking due to isolation. Depression has not only engulfed you, but also me.

We are like the flowers that grow in the garden called Earth. The existence and beauty of this garden depends upon our way of interaction with each other. If we become invasive, the self-caused infection will jeopardize  everyone. 

Let us break the window of aloofness and look beyond it. Let us celebrate nature and learn from it together. The same nature that we thrive on teaches us a very mesmerizing message. 

The winter makes the soul of nature lackluster. Everything is covered with a thin sheet of snow and life becomes a distant dream. The trees are scraped off their adoration, and there is not a single flower of hope in bloom. Yet, it is the same winter that preserves the seeds of life and somewhere in the cinders of our dream, there is a small flickering light that is waiting to be ignited. And then the spring comes, which awakens nature from its slumber. It fulfills all our dreams and fills us with immense mirth. 

 We need to fill patches of optimism  to all our wounds which the pandemic has caused. It is an era of a new beginning. We should change our callous attitude towards Earth and spread the vibes of love and empathy. We should clear up the aura of negativity surrounding us and embrace ourselves into noble qualities. It is high time to pick up the white flags of peace. 

We need to connect ourselves through our actions, as the question of our existence is connected. If you plant a simple sapling, then it will provide me purified air to breathe. If I speak kind words and have an optimistic attitude, then you will get motivation. I may smile by seeing the happy faces of people whom you would have helped. If I don't kill animals, then you will experience the joy of seeing animals in harmony. If I don't throw plastic, then next time there will be less stinking roads for you to visit. If we together hold hands and work tirelessly for the betterment of Earth, then I am sure that we will do wonders.

We need to connect ourselves through our actions, as the question of our existence is connected. If you plant a simple sapling, then it will provide me purified air to breathe. If I speak kind words and have an optimistic attitude, then you will get motivation. I may smile by seeing the happy faces of people whom you would have helped. If I don't kill animals, then you will experience the joy of seeing animals in harmony. If I don't throw plastic, then next time there will be less stinking roads for you to visit. If we together hold hands and work tirelessly for the betterment of Earth, then I am sure that we will do wonders.

I am waiting for my boomerang to return, in the form of all the good actions that you pick up so that the two humans who cross their paths everyday tread along a path that is mutually beneficial. 


With love, 

Your friend.

Don't forget to let me know if you like it or not!

(P.S. Friends, please show your support and follow me by clicking on the follow button in the sidebar of the main blog window (Main window of My Musings.)You might subscribe as well if you don't want to miss out on the latest updates of my blogs!) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menstruation: Breaking the Silence

Hopelessness?

This is college life, isn't it?